University of Nkrumah
The University of Science and Technology succeeded the Kumasi College of Technology which was established by a Government Ordinance on 6th October, 1951. It was however, opened officially on 22nd January, 1952 with 200 Teacher Training students transferred from Achimota, to form the nucleus of the new College.
To be globally recognised as the Premier Centre of excellence in Africa for teaching in Science and Technology for development; producing high calibre graduates with knowledge and expertise to support the industrial and socio-economic development of Ghana and Africa.
In summary, the vision can be stated as “Advancing knowledge in Science and Technology for sustainable development in Africa”
To provide an environment for teaching, research and entrepreneurship training in Science and Technology for the industrial and socio-economic development of Ghana, Africa and other nations. KNUST also offers service to community, is opened to all the people of Ghana and positioned to attract scholars, industrialists and entrepreneurs from Africa and other international communities.
College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- BSc Agriculture
- BSc Natural Resources Management
- BSc Post Harvest Technology
- BSc Dairy and Meat Science and Technology
- BSc Landscape Design and Management
- BSc Agricultural Biotechnology
- BSc Agribusiness Management
- BSc Forest Resources Technology
- BSc Aquaculture & Water Resources Management
College of Art and Social Sciences
- BFA Painting and Sculpture
- BA Communication Design (Graphic Design)
- BA Industrial Art
- BA Integrated Rural Art and Industry
- BA Publishing Studies (Book Industry)
- BA Economics
- BA Geography and Rural Development
- BA Sociology
- BA Social Work
- BA Religious Studies
- BA History
- BA Political Studies
- BA French
- BA Akan
- BA Culture and Tourism
- BA English
- BSc (Business Administration)
- BSc (Business Administration) Parallel
- LLB (4 years for WASSE/SSSCE/GBCE and Equivalent Holders)
- Part-Time, (4years) for Degree Holders only
- BA Economics (Parallel)
- BA Geography and Rural Development (Parallel)
- BA Sociology (Parallel)
- BA Social Work (Parallel)
- BA History (Parallel)
- BA Political Studies (Parallel)
- BA French (Parallel)
- BA Culture and Tourism (Parallel)
- BA English (Parallel)
- BA Integrated Rural Art and Industry (Parallel)
- BA Religious Studies (Parallel)
College of Engineering
- BSc Agricultural Engineering
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- BSc Civil Engineering
- BSc Geomatic Engineering (Geodetic Engineering)
- BSc Materials Engineering
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- BSc Computer Engineering
- BSc Aerospace Engineering
- BSc Petroleum Engineering
- BSc Telecommunication Engineering
- BSc Geological Engineering
- BSc Biomedical Engineering
- BSc Petrochemical Engineering
- BSc Metallurgical Engineering
College of Architecture and Planning
- BSc Architecture
- BSc Construction Technology & Management (Building Technology)
- BSc Quantity Surveying & Construction Economics (Building Technology)
- BSc Development Planning
- BSc Human Settlement Planning
- BSc Land Economy
- BSc Real Estate Management
College of Science
- BSc Biochemistry
- BSc Food Science and Technology
- BSc Biological Sciences
- BSc Environmental Science
- BSc Chemistry
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Mathematics
- BSc Statistics
- BSc Physics
- BSc Actuarial Science
- Doctor of Optometry (OD), (6 years)
- BSc Meteorology and Climate Science
College of Health Sciences
- Pharm D (Doctor of Pharmacy) 6- Year programme
- BSc Herbal Medicine
- BSc Human Biology (to be followed by a 3-year Clinical programme leading to MB ChB Degree)
- BSc Medical Laboratory Technology
- BSc Sports and Exercise Science
- BSc Nursing (For SSSCE/WASSCE Applicants with Science Electives, G.C.E. O & A/Level
- in Science, Registered General Nursing (RGN) Diploma holders, Staff Registered Nurses (SRN) with 5 years working experience and Mature Applicants 25 years and above at the time of application).
- BSc Midwifery (for SSSCE/WASSCE Candidates, GCE O-Level / A-Level Science) [Top- up
- Diploma in Midwifery – Yr 3, Regular / Sandwich Programmes, State Registered Nurse/ Diploma in Nursing- Yr 2]
- BSc Emergency Nursing (Two years working Experience required) (Fee-Paying only)
- Diploma in Emergency Nursing
- BSc BDS Dental Surgery (Three (3) years of BSc Human Biology to be followed by a
- 3-year Clinical studies leading to the award of BDS Degree) (Fee Paying only)
- DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine)
- BSc Sonography (Fee-Paying only)
- BSc Disability & Rehabilitation Studies (opened to candidates with Science; General Arts; Business; Visual Arts and Vocational/ Home Economics background)
Top-Up Programmes (HND Holders)
- BSc Business Administration
- All Top- up Programmes are Fee-Paying only
KNUST Ashalley Botwe Campus
African Institute of Sanitation and Waste Management (K-AISWAM)
Undergraduate Programmes (Fee-Paying Only)
- BSc. Chemical Engineering
- BSc. Civil Engineering
- BSc. Environmental Civil Engineering
- BSc. Environmental Science
- BSc. Integrated Environmental Sanitation Management
- BSc. Meteorology & Climate Science
- BSc. Business Administration
- BA Sociology
- BSc. Development Planning (Weekends Only)
- BSc. Settlement Planning (Weekends Only)
Affiliate Institution and available programme(s) (ALL PROGRAMMES AT THIS INSTITUTION ARE FEE-PAYING ONLY)
All Nations University College, (ANUC) Koforidua Campus
BSc. Nursing (Top Up, Only)
Admission and Applications
Information for Undergraduate Applicants
(Advanced Level/Mature/ABCE/GBCE/IB and WASSCE/SSSCE Candidates)
It is announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that Application Forms for Admission t o Degree/Diploma/Top-Up Programmes of Study at the University for the 2014/2015 Academic Year are now on sale.
The Sale of Admission Forms is open to the following Applicants:
- Candidates who have Examination results as of the time of application.
- Candidates Awaiting Results, DO NOT QUALIFY to apply.
- WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in Three compulsory Subjects including English Language and passes in any Three Elective Subjects including Business Mathematics.
- ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least two passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level obtained not more than Three (3) years ago
ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plus Three optional subjects relevant to the programme of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and Three (3) Elective Subjects or credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics.
- MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of application and have credits in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the relevant area of study.
HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirement at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- FOREIGN APPLICANTS (online application only) and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognised institution.
POINTS OF SALE: All Ghana Post Regional and Designated Post Offices
Cost of application form
A set of Application Forms, comprising copies of Admission Requirements for the various Programmes of Study, Guidelines for the Completion of Application Forms, Prepaid EMS Envelopes and Forms costs GH¢150.00 (one hundred and fifty Ghana Cedis, non-refundable).
Applicants are required to purchase and submit one set of application forms Only. Any applicant who submits more than one set of forms shall be disqualified.
All Completed Application Forms should be submitted by Post (EMS/DHL) on or before Friday, April 11, 2014
- Application Forms submitted by HAND/Delivery shall not be PROCESSED.
- Any application form that is not fully and or properly completed (hard copy and online) at the time of submission shall not be processed and/or considered.
A Fee-Paying Facility is available to Applicants who do not meet the Competitive Departmental/Faculty Requirements and Cut-Off Points but satisfy the Minimum Entry Requirements of Aggregate 24 or better. Applicants who wish to take advantage of this facility should indicate this online.
- Only results and/or documents provided by applicants at the time of submission of applications shall be considered.
- Applicants shall include in their application forms photocopies of their results slips and/or certificates as well as certified true copy of birth certificate.
- An applicant’s failure to input grades and/ or other relevant information properly on the forms/online shall deny the applicant admission to a programme of study at the university
- Mandatory requirement: all applicants are required to visit the university’s admissions website (http://admissions.knust.edu.gh) to complete their application process online. Candidates are to use the application number provided on purchase of the forms for this purpose. Failure to do so renders the application invalid.
- Admissions to all programmes of study at the university are transparently administered by the central undergraduate admissions committee without any other considerations and/ or solicitations. Any applicant who makes any form of solicitation to any person or group of persons for the purpose of influencing and/or gaining admission into the university does so at his/her own risk.