Maseno University founded in 1991, is the only university on the globe that lies along the Equator (00). It is one of the seven public universities in Kenya. The University is located in Maseno Township along Kisumu-Busia road, 25 km from Kisumu City and approximately 400 km west of Nairobi the capital city of Kenya. The University also shares its boundaries with Vihiga and Kisumu County.
Maseno is a Public University, enacted by an Act of Parliament in 1991. In 2000 it was elevated to a fully fledged University. The current Vice-Chancellor of the University is Professor Dominic Makawiti.
Alongside its academic programmes the University also manages enterprises such as the Kisumu Hotel and the University farm where it produces agricultural products which are used within the university and the surplus supplied to markets around.
The University of Excellence in discovery and dissemination of knowledge t
To discover, harness, apply, disseminate and preserve knowledge for good
faculties and schools:
• School of Arts and Social Sciences
• School of Education
• School The University offers undergraduate and post-graduate programs in different disciplines at the following of Science
• School of Public Health and Community Development
• School of Environment and Earth Sciences
• School of Development and Strategic Studies
• School of Graduate Studies
• School of Business and Economics
• School of Medicine
• School of Agriculture and Food Security
• School of Mathematics and Actuarial Science
• School of Computing and Informatics
Admission and Applications