Kampala International University
KIU is a private university in Uganda which has built a name in Uganda’s education sector with remarkable resilience. the university is chartered by the government of Uganda as a recognition and acknowledgement of its ability and competence to offer relevant education and is a member of pre-eminent bodies such as the Commonwealth Universities, Association of African Universities and the Inter-University Council of East Africa.
KIU was founded twelve years ago and has two campuses; the main campus in Kampala along Kansanga, Ggaba road and the School of Health Sciences (KIU Western Campus) in Bushenyi along Kasese road, with branches in Kenya and Tanzania
To become a premier institution of international repute that prepares students for the world and for an inclusive society.
To respond to societal needs by designing and delivery of an education guided by the principles and values of respect for society, economy and environment and to provide and develop a supportive research environment in which scholars at every stage of their career can flourish.
- Bachelor of Science in Production & Manufacturing
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Development Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Education
- Bachelor of Science in Education
- Bachelor of Education in Guidance and Counseling
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science & Information Technology (BCSc.IT)
- Bachelor of Computer Science & Information Systems (BCSc.IS)
- Masters degrees
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Arts in Education Management (MA.Ed.Mngnt)
- Master of Arts in Public Administration and Management (MA.PA&M)
- Doctorate degrees
In 2013, the Ugandan National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) began an investigation into weather the PhDs awarded by the university up to that time, met the requirements set by the NCHE. After a thorough investigation, the Council declared, in November 2013, that the PhDs met the guidelines and were legitimate.
- Diploma in Primary Education
- Diploma in Guidance and Counseling
- Diploma in Computer Science and Information Technology
Admission and Applications
Download the application form here: